How can users view each other's JSD Requests in the Customer Portal?

Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2017

Hello Community,

I currently run a JSD and I recieve duplicate requests from time to time (normal). Is there a functionallity that can be turned on so users can see eachothers requests?

Right now, I can filter by "Status", "Created By" and "Request Type" in the customer portal but it still only pulls back MY requests. There is no way for me to view other requests

Thanks for the help

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2017

This feature seems to be only available if users are grouped into Organizations and then you can see all the issues within an organization as long as the issue has been shared with the organization.

Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

You'd think the "Created by anyone" filter would allow users to see other request based on some sort of Admin feature..

Like Elena Lurye likes this
0 votes
Yogesh Mude October 30, 2017

HI @Tim Patrick

We have a group called Jira support project and we have added all the customer's list/users into this group.

Whenever anyone of these customers will raise a request thru the portal they want to see all requests like created by anyone.

How can i achieve this in JIRA service desk?

Tim Patrick October 31, 2017

Hi Yogesh.

A couple of questions to consider.

For all open incidents that already exist, you will find a section within them on the right hand side of the screen titled "People". The "Organizations" under this has to have the relating title selected to match that of the group you have set up. If you have already set up the group, you may need to change the already open tickets manually. Once this is set, the customers should be able to see eachothers requests/incidents.

If not, the only other thing that may cause a blockage is if the "Service Desk request". this is also located on the right hand side of a ticket. if the "Request Type" field is blank, this may also cause the incidents to not show up for customers. again, for any current open calls, you may need to change these manually.

To make sure everything works automatically going forward, make sure the organizations is set up to "Share with" each time an incident is raised. You will also need to make sure the "Request Type" is filled in automatically when a ticket is raised.

This should sort it for you.

BEWARE!!! - notifications may be turned on for all customers within the group to receive a notification every time a new incident is raised from anyone within their organization. this can cause a lot of trouble if there are a high number of customers in your group. you can disable this notification if required.

If you have any follow up questions, just let me know.

0 votes
Tim Patrick May 4, 2017

Susan is right. this is all run by organizations. this is due to companies not wanting their clients to see eachothers incidents.

the easiest way of getting around this is to create a single organization called something like "users" and add all the customers into this one place.

once this is done, as long as the organization is set on the raised incidents, all users will be abel to see them through the "created by anyone" filter.

Suggest an answer