How can one best find test on a page, such as a list of issues?

Ray Kiddy July 16, 2012

This question is not, I hope, as stupid as it seems. I use Firefox. When I am looking at a page and I want to find some text on that page, I can hit the forward-slash key and type the word and FF finds it. When I am on a JIRA page, I notice that the forward-slash key puts the cursor into the search box up in the upper-right corner of the page. This search does _not_ have the semantics that I want. It searches a bunch of other things and I actually want the text on the page.

I have noticed that I can do a command-f and I get the FF search box down at the bottom of the page, but that is a two-handed operation. I want my forward-slash key back. Do I have to hack JIRA js myself, or can I set a preference somewhere to get my forward-slash key back?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Kohler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012

Hi Ray,

This is only possible by completely disables the JIRA keyboard shortcuts in your user-profile. It's not possible to only turn specific shortcuts off.

More on how to disable the shortcuts: https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/WAISCw

Cheers,
Stefan

Ray Kiddy July 16, 2012

I am completely willing to get rid of the other keyboard shortcuts, so this works for me. Thanx.

Suggest an answer