How can my users submit Service Desk issues by email?

gcc111 January 16, 2016

For a support system it's quite normal for users to expect to submit issues by email, not have to use a web interface.

2 answers

1 vote
RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2016

Under email settings ( Project administration ) for service desk ( above 2.0 version ) , you can select issue type and the email id that you would like to configure can be set up.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2016
gcc111 January 16, 2016

Thanks for the answer, but I'm afraid it doesn't work.

The documentation says "Once invited, your new agents will receive an email with a link to your service desk project and be automatically added to the Service Desk Team project role and service-desk-users license group." But they don't. I get this email:
image2016-1-16 14:29:41.png

But when I click on the button and set a password, I end up at a blank homepage:

And it thinks that I'm not logged in (see the "Log in" link in the top right) and I have no access to anything. 
Thanks, Chris.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2016

Hmm, that sounds like there's a problem on Cloud.  I'd raise that with Atlassian support, because it looks like you've done everything right to me, and it's the Cloud JIRA falling over.

Suggest an answer