How can my users submit Service Desk issues by email?

For a support system it's quite normal for users to expect to submit issues by email, not have to use a web interface.

2 answers

Under email settings ( Project administration ) for service desk ( above 2.0 version ) , you can select issue type and the email id that you would like to configure can be set up.

Thanks for the answer, but I'm afraid it doesn't work.

The documentation says "Once invited, your new agents will receive an email with a link to your service desk project and be automatically added to the Service Desk Team project role and service-desk-users license group." But they don't. I get this email:
image2016-1-16 14:29:41.png

But when I click on the button and set a password, I end up at a blank homepage:

And it thinks that I'm not logged in (see the "Log in" link in the top right) and I have no access to anything. 
Thanks, Chris.

Hmm, that sounds like there's a problem on Cloud.  I'd raise that with Atlassian support, because it looks like you've done everything right to me, and it's the Cloud JIRA falling over.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

303 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you