How can more workflow transition buttons be added without having to mess with the file system?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2015

I really, really, REALLY hate having to fudge config files.  Besides having to restart (never convenient) this requires manual fudging on every upgrade.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2015

I agree on the restart part. Bit of a pain.

But luckily, the change to jira-config.properties file is done in the JIRA Home folder and you do not have to change it again during an upgrade. I do not see another option now.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2015

There's no option at the moment.

I know I've seen an improvement raised in Atlassian's JIRA although I can't find it.  I remember a short discussion about how customisable (by project, user, workflow or global) and a comment from an Atlassian saying they'd probably do it in the future as a "advanced property" setting in global config.

Suggest an answer