How can issue visibility be limited depending on the issue status?

Nadine September 3, 2012

Hello

I'm challenged with the requirement to restrict a certain group from seeing an issue when it is in status 'open'. I have already set up the workflow property "jira.permission.browse.reporter= true" which works in a way that everyone apart from the reporter is presented with a no access-message when trying to view an 'open' issue.

However, it is still possible to create a filter including 'open' issues which does in fact display all 'open' issues (with all fields) even to users who are not reporters and get the no-access message when clicking on the 'open' issues to view them.

This does not appear correct behaviour to me but maybe I'm missing something on the configuration of the workflow property...? Or is there an alternative route to limit issue visibility depending on status?

Any hint/solution would be highly appreciated - many thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012
0 votes
Krzysztof Skoropada [Deviniti]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

You can add Issue Security Scheme to Your project with level depending on group(s). But it works in other way - it will allow to see issue only for users that exists in this group(s)

Nadine September 3, 2012

Hello Christopher

Thanks for your quick response.

Generally, I want all my users to see the issue.

When the issue is in status 'open', however, certain people should not see it.

So, unfortunately, I understand the Issue Security Scheme won't help me.

Krzysztof Skoropada [Deviniti]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2012

Can help but you need to some dev.

1. Create customfield Multi Group Picker
  2. Add Security Level and in Group Custom Field Value select created earlier customfield
  3. On create transition populate this customfield (in post-function) with all groups except one (or more if you need)
  4. On each outgoing transition from Waiting status add post-function which will add your restricted groups (so, all groups will see issue here)

In conclusion, you need to write a pustfunction to automaticly add groups to customfield.

Suggest an answer