How can i use resources in jira plugin ?

xu zhijian November 23, 2011

I want to use a js file in my plugin . so i add

<web-resource key="myresource" name="Myresource" >
        <dependency>com.atlassian.auiplugin:ajs</dependency>
        <dependency>jira.webresources:jira-global</dependency>
        <dependency>jira.webresources:autocomplete</dependency>
        <resource type="download" name="test.js" location="javascripts/test.js">
          <property key="content-type" value="text/javascript"/>
        </resource> 
        <context>page</context>
    </web-resource>

to the atlassian-plugin.xml . Then I use #requireResource("com.jira.plugin:myresource") in my gadget xml file . But it seems doesn't work . and test.js just includes alert("haha");

Does any one know how to add a external resource to the plugin ?? Thanks .

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
yao lei November 24, 2011

firstly,you ensure the prefix "com.jira.plugin" is the key of your plugin.

secondly,you try to modify the <context> to "<context>alt.general</context>"

this is my jira web-source's definition:

&lt;web-resource key="myWorklogResource" name="myWorklogResource" &gt;
    	&lt;description&gt;this web-resource is for creating or editing the work log about budget selector&lt;/description&gt;
    	&lt;dependency&gt;com.atlassian.auiplugin:ajs&lt;/dependency&gt;
        &lt;dependency&gt;com.atlassian.auiplugin:jquery&lt;/dependency&gt;
    	&lt;resource type="download" name="budgetselector.js" location="javascript/budgetselector.js"/&gt;
    	&lt;resource type="download" name="budgetselector.css" location="css/budgetselector.css"/&gt;
    	&lt;context&gt;atl.general&lt;/context&gt;
    &lt;/web-resource&gt;
and it works .
good luck

xu zhijian November 24, 2011

Thank you . It works for me , You help me a big favor .

barbosa_s_alexandre March 2, 2017

Hi. I can't run the javascript too. I'm using JIRA 7.2 and I'm trying to create a page in the JIRA admin add-ons to keep some data using active objects, but for now I'm only want to understand how to execute the javascript.

&lt;web-resource key="asb-resources" name="asb Web Resources"&gt;  &lt;dependency&gt;com.atlassian.auiplugin:ajs&lt;/dependency&gt;  &lt;resource type="download" name="asb.css" location="/css/asb.css" /&gt;  &lt;resource type="download" name="asb.js" location="/js/asb.js" /&gt;  &lt;resource type="download" name="images/" location="/images" /&gt;  &lt;context&gt;atl.admin&lt;/context&gt; &lt;/web-resource&gt; &lt;web-section name="asbSettings" i18n-name-key="asb-admin-settings.name" key="asb-admin-settings" location="admin_plugins_menu" weight="1000"&gt;  &lt;description key="asb-admin-settings.description"&gt;Settings for asb plugins&lt;/description&gt;  &lt;label key="asb-admin-settings.label"&gt;asb Admin Settings&lt;/label&gt; &lt;/web-section&gt; &lt;web-item name="abLink" i18n-name-key="ab-link.name" key="ab-link" section="admin_plugins_menu/asb-admin-settings" weight="100"&gt;  &lt;description key="ab-link.description"&gt;Administration of connections with AB&lt;/description&gt;  &lt;label key="ab-link.label"&gt;AB Link&lt;/label&gt;  &lt;link linkId="ab-link-link"&gt;/secure/ListABLink!default.jspa&lt;/link&gt; &lt;/web-item&gt;

The link in the web-item send to a velocity template where I'm trying to create a pop-up when the user click in a button. I put some console.log and alert in the asb.js, but nothing happen.

Anyone know what is wrong here?

Thanks.

1 vote
Hans Pesata April 16, 2017

Hi!

I learned that You have to use 

<meta name="decorator" content="atl.admin" />

within your .vm file to have JS loading and excuting.

every other one like

<meta name="decorator" content="atl.general" />

only loads the CSS part of your webresource.

Hope this helps!

regards,

Hans

0 votes
xu zhijian November 23, 2011

The log shows " Cannot find web resource module for: com.jira.plugin:myresource ".

Suggest an answer