How can i use a field repeatedly on a screen?

Sven.H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013
Hi @ll, i have a custom-dropdownfield with 30 question s as value. I will use the dropdown repeatedly on a screen. (questionnaire) Best regards Sven

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sven.H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

Thanks for the fast help.

How can I solve this problem?

We will build a questionnaire in Jira with 64 questions. I would like to display these on a single screen.

I thought about the following solution.

Example:

I create a custom-dropdown-field with the questions as value. On the screen, I would display the custom-dropdown-field 50 times.

Is there a better solution for this problem?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2013

I think your best option may well be 64 fields, although I'd strongly recommend having a look at the "radio button" and "multi check box" custom field types - they might simplify it if you have yes/no answers

For example, if you had questions like "Do you have pet cats?", "Do you have pet dogs?", "Do you have pet bunnies?", a multi check box would let you say:

"Do you have any pets and what are they?"

• Dogs <tick box>
  • Cats <tick box>
  • Bunnies <tick box>
  • Other <tick box>

The answer would be displayed as "Dogs, Bunnies" (assuming the user ticked dogs and bunnies), but you'd be able to search and do statistics on it.

0 votes
Sven.H
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

For multi check box is there any chance to get the results of the ticked options in a different way?

Currently we have one result next to the other. Is there a possibility to get the results one below the others?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2013

You can't do this. You need to create each instance as a separate field.

Even if you could repeat fields, it wouldn't help you a lot - the logical structure is that Field X holds data Y for issue Z. If you could place a field more than once, you'd still be stuck because you'd be trying to fit more than one value of Y into a space that can only hold one value.

Suggest an answer