How can i setup a service desk on top of a software project?

Hello guys,

i plan to introduce JIRA for 1 year now, but i am waiting after i hear from the coming JIRA 7. So JIRA 7 is here and you ease stuff, but some things its hard for me to find / reconfigure like i do in JIRA 6. So no problem i read your documentation all good.

But, the following situation: I have setup a JIRA Software project, where the developer work in the agile way. Then i want to setup a customer portal with SLA's and all the stuff using Service Desk. In JIRA 6 / Service Desk 2.x i setup the Service Desk on top of the existing software project. This gives me the chance to have project managers (you call it: Agents) which are the gatekeeper for the developer's and to all the planning with Portfolio etc. etc. etc.

In JIRA 7 and Service Desk 3 i dont get this scenario up and running, i miss also a documentation like this https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk025/how-jira-and-jira-service-desk-work-together-754977568.html - So can somebody help me how to configure JIRA 7 Software or Service Desk 3 project to use both solutions like in the older versions? - Is this not possible anymore?

Thanks

Michael

1 answer

Hi

What you want is indeed possible but with the launch of JIRA 7 and the split of the product in to three versions you need to install Service Desk as a plugin on top of JIRA software.

There are then a set of guides available at https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/getting-started-with-jira-service-desk-732528698.html to show you how to get started with setting up your service desks.

Hope this helps 

Phill

Hello,

this helps me not, because i dont find any Guide about installing Service Desk as plugin. Service Desk will be ever installed as Application and this results in completely seperated Service Desk projects.

How i can install or use Service Desk as i described in my question?! - Any experiences?

Greetings

Michael

im trying to figure this out myself.  Service Desk looks like it runs on top of JIRA but we tried to restore our JIRA database to the one we created for Service Desk and we can't see where that lets us do any of the normal JIRA Agile work.  Do we have to have both JIRA and Service Desk installed separate?  Can they communicate together I am very confused and find the documentation on this very unhelpful.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

20,360 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you