How can i set the asignee for issues generated by an issue collector?

Lee Elenbaas December 4, 2012

I want to manually set the assignee of isses created by an issue collector so that bugs that comes from a specific issue collector will go to that specific person - is there any way to do that?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

Hi Lee,

Apparently it may not be possible for us to set a default assignee for issues that are created via Issue Collector. However as a workaround for this, it's possible for us to use the Default Assignee of a project (Project Lead) for issues created (which includes for issues coming from issue collector), and this can be achieved as follows:
- Ensure the "Allow unassigned issues" option is set to Off in JIRA General Configuration (Administration > General Configuration)
- Ensure that the Default Assignee is set to Project Lead (Administration > select the project > Roles > More) (By default, the default assignee will be assigned to the Project Lead, it may not be possible for us to reconfigure this)
- Try to create an issue via issue collector

I hope that the info above helps.

Cheers.

Lee Elenbaas December 5, 2012

This looks to me like a missing feature for the issue collectors feature - and the lack of ability to change the default assignee from project leader.

For the issue collectors it boils down to the fact that issie collector is exposed to a specific audience (embeded in a specific app, appears on specific pages...) And a lot of the times difference audiances have different contact people assgined to them - that contact person should be the default asignee for collectors exposed to those audiences.

0 votes
Tobias Münch July 2, 2013

Hello,

i have the same missing feature like Lee Elenbaas. I wish that the user could Assigne the ticket to a Assigne.

Will this feature be enabled?

Best Wishes,

Tobias

Suggest an answer