How can i set mandatory fields through incoming mail server

Milap Jani July 2, 2014

Hi,

I have implemented incoming mail server through which i am able to create issues through emails.

I have a question, how can i set values to custom fields e.g release version, affected version etc.. through mail?

Is there any way to do it?

Thanks!

-Milap

2 answers

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2014

Or you can tweak the field configuration and make the fields non-mandatory only for the project you want to use this mail handler on.

Rahul

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2014

You need to use a mail handler that understands your fields.

The default mail handlers are not that clever - you need to find or write a handler that can cope with your mandatory fields. I always reach for JEMH as soon as I want to do anything with incoming emails.

Milap Jani July 2, 2014

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reply. Is is paid or free?

-Milap

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2014

MIlap

I advise you to evaluate the JEMH plugin on your test instance and see if it fits your needs. And it is paid plugin.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2014

Paid, but well worth it if you want to do anything clever with email

Suggest an answer