How can i search for issues declined ( not approved )

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2017

Hi, I wanted to write an automatic message for issues that have gone through the approval but have been declined. JIRA lets me search by Approvals = approved() but I can not find the way to search for the declined ones.

Any help? 

Regards

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2017

Hi Lara,

I noticed when my approval is declined the resolution is declined as well.  If that is the status you'rs go into as well you can search using

resolution = declined

Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,

Branden

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2017

Hi Branden,

The problem is my declined approvals don't close the issue, they are just part of a longer process.I have made a workaround with automation using a custom field that's sets to no when the approval starts and turns into yes if it is approved. But I i still have to filter by status because I have a no with the pending and the declined.

So I was looking for a more elegant solution.

Regards.

Clint Young August 24, 2018

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as Lara. There has got to be a way to get this done.

Like Willy Wijaya likes this

Suggest an answer