How can i retrieve Issue Id associated with Custom field

AKASHB July 9, 2013
Can any body tell me How can i retrieve Issue Id associated with Custom field?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AKASHB July 25, 2013

i hae finally retrieved the custom field value using Componentmanger.getCustomfieldValueByName().

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2013

This question does not make a lot of sense, you'll need to explain it in more detail.

The reason I ask for more information is that custom fields and issues are not directly related. An issue ID points at an issue. A custom field is an object that tells us about the shape of some data that might be associated with a specific issue.

There is no relationship between them. If you pointed at a custom field and said "what issue ID is associated with that field", the response is "none, you don't tie issues to custom fields, or vice-versa". A similar, but actually useful question would be "Can you tell me what issues have data for that custom field?"

But I can't guess what you mean from what you've written.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

Could you explain what you want in more "detailed" way?

Suggest an answer