How can i realize a field that counts to zero?

Johannes November 24, 2017

Hello, 

i want to create a custom field "Mean Time To Failure". Starting with 10000 hours. After 10000 hours i want it to be to 0. I want to get an E-Mail after that.

How can i realise that with ScriptRunner?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2017

Hi Johannes.

I don't think that is entirely impossible, but I don't think this is a good idea.

Option 1:

What you could do would be to add a hidden field with your desired date. And then add a scripted field that takes that date into the timestamp, and takes it to 0 slowly. However that would not work:

The thing with scripted fields, is that they are evaluated when the issue is viewed. Which is obviously a problem, because you would need to view an issue to trigger an event...

So you need to do one of these two things:

Create a scripted job to re-evaluate that field. Which is a bad idea. Or:

Option 2:

Remove the second scripted field, and create a scripted job that calculates the time to failure a time of low load. That scripted field would basically take that date+10000 hours, and if any of the issues do step over that time, then send an email with each issue name.

---

The second choice would be my recommendation. Might be a bit difficult. Also, this isn't quite what JIRA is for, might not be worth the effort.

Cheers!

DYelamos

Suggest an answer