How can i prioritise projects? Has anyone got a different approach?

Ben Athey March 25, 2014

We have a steady number of projects sitting in Jira On Demand (usually around 40) some have a short turnarounds eg 1 day and some that have a longer turn around 1 year+. We review project priorities on a weekly sometimes daily basis and need some way to order or prioritise projects for our teams in a similar fashion you can order or prioritise issues within a project. IS there a way to do this? The only basic way i have found to do this is to set up categories so something like > In Progress | To Do | On hold. This gives us a basic overview but dosnt allows us to prioritise the Projects within the categories. Does anyone have a different approach to this?

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2014

Hi Ben,

You can take a look a this blog post, it might give you some ideas on how to something like this:

http://www.petervandevoorde.com/2013/02/26/project-portfolio-management-with-jira-and-greenhopper/

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2014

JIRA OnDemand does not provide functionality to priotitise projects. Though the project categories can provide you with something similatr to some degree, this is not what the categories were intended to get used for. I can not provide you with an alternative means to accomplish the same goal.

Suggest an answer