How can i prioritise projects? Has anyone got a different approach?

We have a steady number of projects sitting in Jira On Demand (usually around 40) some have a short turnarounds eg 1 day and some that have a longer turn around 1 year+. We review project priorities on a weekly sometimes daily basis and need some way to order or prioritise projects for our teams in a similar fashion you can order or prioritise issues within a project. IS there a way to do this? The only basic way i have found to do this is to set up categories so something like > In Progress | To Do | On hold. This gives us a basic overview but dosnt allows us to prioritise the Projects within the categories. Does anyone have a different approach to this?

2 answers

0 vote

JIRA OnDemand does not provide functionality to priotitise projects. Though the project categories can provide you with something similatr to some degree, this is not what the categories were intended to get used for. I can not provide you with an alternative means to accomplish the same goal.

Hi Ben,

You can take a look a this blog post, it might give you some ideas on how to something like this:

http://www.petervandevoorde.com/2013/02/26/project-portfolio-management-with-jira-and-greenhopper/

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Service Desk

Wy are we still using email for Service Desk workflows?

...attest to the experience of an urgent approval that gets lost in the boss’s inbox and requires that special “Please Approve” email or text message. In an age where we have distributed teams...

114 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you