How can i migrate my data from one JIRA to another one

MuhammadB August 25, 2011

i have one JIRA runnig and now i have to deploy a new JIRA. is there any possibility to migrate my JIRA data from one JIRA to another. versions of both JIRA are same. and most importantly i want to migrate my schemes.

any help plz

1 answer

1 vote
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2011
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2011

It's quite easy but if you're not certain about any part of it just ask!

MuhammadB August 25, 2011

i made a backup file i.e. backup.xml and when exported it, it said "XML file seems to b new version of JIRA, it will not work"

is thr any way to import that xml file ??

i m exporting data from newer version to older version

J Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2011

Huh? You're downgrading JIRA? What versions of JIRA are you migrating from/to?

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2011

Yep, it sounds like your current Jira is a newer version than the one you just installed. Have a look at the footer of a page on both servers & check. You can't back in versions, only same-to-same or to a newer version

MuhammadB August 26, 2011

4.2.2 to 4.2

i really didn't mean to downgrade JIRA

Suggest an answer