How can i make a field mandatory on a transition screen for one group only?

Andrea Tanzer May 27, 2013

Hi there,

we have this use case: A customer is not able to see the time tracking field. However, we have some workflow transitions that require mandatory input from the status Open -> In Progress for the Time Tracking fields.

Since this field is not visible for the customer, only internal guys can see and fill this field. We use the JSF plugin to hide the time tracking fields from customers. However, I also don't want for the customer to fill a time tracking field.

Now... Is there any way that I can make the Time Tracking field mandatory for all internal guys, but not for customers on the same screen? Or can I assign different screens in the same project on the same transition for different groups?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

Create two transitions - one for customers and another for internal groups. You can use workflow conditions to make sure the groups only see their own transition.

The second one can then have the time tracking field as mandatory (using workflow validator). Both transition will essentially do the same thing except this config.

Suggest an answer