How can i instruct "JIRA misc customfield " to perform calculation only when a issue update

Tarun December 30, 2015

I am looking for a plugin that can perform calculation only for given below condition:

1)When a issue updates

2)At the end of the day ( or every time date changes )

To make my point more clear. Please consider the following example. Lets say i want to calculate rating and display it to user. In order to do that i created a custom field name "rating". Now i want value of rating should be computed as follow:

1)Whenever user changes status, priority or severity of issue, value of rating should be increased by 1

2)Value of rating should be increased by 1, every time issue becomes older by 1 day. If the value of rating for a issue is 10 as of now. It should be 11 by tomorrow.

Could you please tell usif i can do that using plugin "Jira misc CustomField"

or

Is there any other plugin that can help us out.

Could you please give your valuable suggestion.

Regards,

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2015

If you need to update some field after issue update you have following option:

1. If you can spesify all transitions when requared field is changed you can change custom field by postfunction. To use you have to forbid to edit requred field onto edit screen
  2. If some field have to be updated on every issue uodate even you need a event listener which will listen update issue event and do requared update.

Which option do you need?

Tarun January 11, 2016

I need second option. Could you please tell how could we achieve that using plugin

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2016

Suggest an answer