How can i import issues from kanban board into Scrum Board?

Ashwin Kupatkar March 28, 2016

Is it possible?

2 answers

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

There is no need to import. Issues appear on a board, be it Scrum or Kanban, based on the filter associated with the boards. You just need to configure the filer correctly.

It is even possible to have different boards configured for the same set of issues.

In your case, you just need to create a scrum board using the same filter used by the Kanban board.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2016

It's not an import, a board is a view of a set of issues.  So it's not "import", it's "set up a board to see the issues".  You can  have as many boards as you like (although I would advise only having one scrum board for planning a set of issues and lots of Kanban ones, or you can find that sprints get in each other's way)

Ashwin Kupatkar March 28, 2016

I have saved a filter on my kanban board. But when i use the same filter on my scrum board. I don't get the issues populated.

Why is that so?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2016

A Kanban board shows a pile of issues.  A scrum board shows issues in the current sprint.  My guess is that you've not started a sprint, so all your issues will only show in the backlog planning view.

Ashwin Kupatkar March 29, 2016

No they are not even in the backlog.

Its basically a Kanban Project which has kanabn board by default and now i want to make a change over to Scrum board. Simple as that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2016

Ah ok, you have not yet defined a board then.  Try using "create new board" from the board menu, and select either "create from project" if it's a single project, or "create from filter" (and select the filter for the Kanban board) if you want to be sure of it being identical to the Kanban board.

You don't really need to switch the project type as such - the board will work as it selects issues based on a filter, not project type.

Ashwin Kupatkar March 30, 2016

Ok Nic,

will check into that.... Thanks for the prompt assistance.

Suggest an answer