How can i import an association between Groups and users?

Tatiane Silva October 4, 2011

We have a ERP system and the project information are there. We will probably use CSV import to manage with this problem. My users are in Active Directory, and , so far so good, LDAP will solve this.

The big problem is that the association between Projects and users are in the ERP system.

is it possible to import this kind of data?

Thanks in advance.

Tatiane

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2011

For a quick and dirty one-off "put users in groups", I'd use Jelly.

The tag http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Tags#JellyTags-jiraAddUserToGroup should do it

Tatiane Silva October 24, 2011

Thanks Nic .. it is the beggining of the solution to my problem.
My users are in a ERP system. I will try to have some extra code , but jelly is definitly a way.

0 votes
Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2011

Hi,

Built-in JIRA Importers Plugin (which handles CSV import) does not support it. I am not aware of any OOB solution which would do it.

However writing such importer is not a big deal. I am pretty sure that one of Atlassian Partners (companies) would gladly do it for you.

JIRA has API (both remote and local) in place to support it.

You could even script the import using JIRA command line interface.

Nevertheless, I am afraid that some custom coding here is inevitable.

And ... I hope that your ERP system can serve such data or you can export it?

Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2011

Hi,

If you can easily export these associates to a file (like CSV), then writing a script which pushes this info back to JIRA should be piece of cake.

So do not worry :)

Hi Wojciech

Thanks for your answer.

I've got completly control to the ERP system data. The data that i need is in a view in our database.
So that is not so simple to do that .. OMG .. without custom coding..

:(

is it possible to import an associaton into JIRA?
I use CSV to import project and issue data .. i didn't know that is possible to work with groups.

In JIRA i will link user and the project with an association between a group and a user.

Sorry about my questions , i'm a beginner ..

Thanks

Tatiane Silva October 23, 2011

I still don t know how to do ... i will be glad with any help.
Thanks..

Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2011

built-in CSV importer won't help you as it does not support user->group associations. What I meant is that if you have these associations exported somewhere (like to a CSV file), then it's rather easy to parse such file and recreate these associations in JIRA. Yes, there will be some scripting (or coding) needed. Simple, but anyway - not available from UI. I am sure any experienced Atlassian Partner (including myself) would love to help you and write such script having sample format of this export file.

Suggest an answer