How can i hide issue from user by issue type

tanas.eduard March 29, 2015

My question is about permissions.

I have User Jroup jira-finance. In this group only 2 people.

We have issue type "Finance Data". This type added on all project and workflow.

When in project i select issue type "Finance Data" i want that this issue is not be visible to other user who not in jira-finance group.

And this issue is hiden from agille board or any perorts.

Only user who in jira-finance can view,edit, move and other function with this issue.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Cesare Jacopo Corzani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2015
3 votes
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2015

Hello Tanas,

sound like you have to play with the issue security levels and a scripted workflow post functon (Script Runner Plugin).

Regards,
Tim

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2015

To expand on this slightly - there is no function for this in JIRA - you determine who can see issues on a *project* level, not issue type. Tim's suggestion is to us the "security levels" function, which hides individual issues based on the value in a field. To tie that to an issue type, and do it automatically, you use a workflow for the issue type that sets the security level for you. It won't stop your users creating "Finance Data" issues, or seeing that the type exists in the project, but they won't see the issues of that type (unless another user changes the security level to a more open one)

Like # people like this
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2015

Due to yesterdays Atlassians "after six month we say we don't put this on the roadmap", there was a comment on JRA-11222 with a plugin what filters issue types: [https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.youngaweb.jira.issue-type-ui-filter]

0 votes
tanas.eduard March 31, 2015

Thks to all.

Config with Security levels and post function. All work fine.

Swapna R February 8, 2021

@tanas_eduard 

I have the same requirements,

I have issue type called planned tickets and would like to hide issues of this type from all other users.

Can you please provide steps which you followed to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Swapna

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

I suspect they followed the advice given 6 years ago (it hasn't changed)

Suggest an answer