How can i handle the parent-child issues?

Test BEE May 24, 2012

Hi, guy. I need some informations about the concept of linking issues as child-parent.

In my process I organized 4 projects that match our organization.

The Reporter open a new ticket on the first project (called Pjc - 01). One devoleper, of this project, assigns it-self the ticket and changes its state in "In progress". Then, the operator opens a new ticket vs the second project (called Pjc-02) and he continues his activities, but he should not close the ticket (considered for me "parent) till one operator of the "Pjc-02" closes the child ticket.

I know there is a possibility to handle sub-task, but:

- it is possible to open a sub task only in the same project (with the validator on the workflow)

- if I open a sub-task I don't have the link described above.

For me it's very important to create this kind of link between two or more tickets.

Is there some plug in that permits to do this?

Thank you very much in advanced

Best regards

Andrea

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2012

In short, you want to close/resolve tickets only if some linked issues are closed/resolved.

You can use the scriptrunner plugin and customize the example given here: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Conditions

"All depenedent issues need to be fixed" script is mostly what you want!

You can ofcourse write your own condition in a plugin!

Test BEE May 27, 2012

Jobin, thank you very much!

We'll try ...

bye

Suggest an answer