How can i get last one hour updated or last half an hour updated issues in "On demand JIRA" Using REST API.

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

HI All,

I need to get the list of issues updated in last one hour or in last half an hour in "On demand JIRA". It is possible by using REST API. Please share the steps to done my goal.

Please share the JQL query for that scenario.

Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

Hi Srini,

You can use the REST API to search for issues using JQL. First up, the URL would be https://INSTANCE_NAME.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search

You can then perform two ways:

{
    "jql": "updated<='-1h' AND updated>'-2h'",
    "startAt": 0,
    "maxResults": 15,
    "fields": [
        "summary",
        "status",
        "assignee"
    ]
}
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

@Justin Alex

i have been seeing that your voting down answers, i don't think you are doing right thing,

people are trying to do little bit help to th people to get answers to their questions and we can't give exact answers to them..

i seen lot of Jira Guru's are participating in this forum and no one is down voting until unless if the answers irrelevent to the question

i don't know how your judging answers some one asked questions!! they know that what is the right/wrong

try to get more people parcipant in this fourm by feeding karma points

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

@rambanam

To be honest, I often feel that Answers is a place where users who could not get support from Atlassian about customization and/or development queries post their questions. They are lost and looking for answers to their questions.

I believe that a measure of a good answer should be answering the question, and not URL slapping; we are giving them a direction, but not the right way of giving.

There are a lot of questions that I can provide an answer for by just providing URLs, but most of the time I don't just because I'm not really helping the cause. I believe that the questions asked would always benefit the community, and the answers will come to them.

Just as an example: look at @Udo's answer above. He gave the JQL query that would answer @srinivasan's question (he's looking for a way to search for issues updated the last hour ago).

Then, look at yours: you just provided the URL on how to do a JQL search. Granted, it provided the answer, but doesn't match the scope. It's too broad.

I'm not accusing you of providing a bad answer everytime. I really like the effort that you put into the development questions that was asked. It's just that this answer with just the URLs doesn't work (for me).

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

@Justin Alex

as i said we can't give exact answers to the question always, i am trying to pointing document to where user can able to get help and i seen lot of peoples are asked question about where they can able get documents about some documents.

It's just that this answer with just the URLs doesn't work (for me).

i am not answering to ypur question right, and we can't answers as you expected!!

i am not trying to argue with you, just saying that don't try to dislike people participating in this forum who is intrested to help. especially like me and who dont have enough time to give exact answers.

and Thanks for helping lot of people through this forum.

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2013

Hi @rambanam,

Yea, that's right, mate! :) We always try to assist the users here to the best we can, and providing them links to something that might be able to help them along the way is one step towards providing a good deed to them. I just feel that maybe along the way, you can better construct your answers in a more constructive manner that would be both pleasant and also professional. Granted, this is not like the old forums, and (hopefully!) this will never be like the old forums, or any other.

We can always make this as a starting point for everyone to look up and recommend Answers as the place to come for usage how-tos, development queries and customization questions. I believe that you have been contributing a lot here, so keep doing that! It's really good for the community. Everyone has their own time to answer questions, but maybe one can treat this like a real-life conversation; I don't think someone would like it if I were to provide just links and say, "Good luck" to them. I would try to say it in a nicer way.

I'm not trying to monopolise Answers as "my own ground" (I hope you didn't feel that way), but I just thought that maybe we can start something better for everyone to come here and encourage a good discussion amongst themselves. :)

And thanks to you too for helping the masses in their development questions! :D

3 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

the jql would look like

updated >-1h

or

updated >-30m

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013
0 votes
amit_lodhi November 6, 2019

Hi, Can I get the ticket active time? like "Created: 2 hours ago" using rest api?

Suggest an answer