How can i edit/change email address of a project lead under a project?

Rushit Pandya September 28, 2014

Having a Administrator rights, I am looking to change / edit email of a project lead.

Have a confluence / wiki form  that get submitted into jira project. In jira I wanted to edit email of that project lead or drop box where that form get submitted .I tried to edit email through confluence but hit with following error

The following error(s) occurred: 

• Sorry, but the profile could not be updated. Check your server logs for more information.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Theo Barker March 10, 2015

If you have:

• Confluence configured to use Crowd as the user directory
  • Confluence user directory configuration to "Read/Write" the Crowd directory
  • Crowd application settings for Confluence instance has all Permissions disabled (unchecked) on all Crowd directories

Then you will get this error.

To fix, set:

• Confluence user directory configuration to use the Crowd directory as "Read Only", i.e.
    • Confluence Admin -> User Directories -> edit the relevant Crowd directory settings
    • You may have to log in using admin credentials in a different (local) user directory in order to edit the settings on the Crowd directory

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2014

As it says, you'll need to read your logs to find out what is failing here.  It's not able to update the email address in your user system, but it's not telling you the exact problem.

Rushit Pandya September 29, 2014

Hi Nic, Thanks for your comment Do you think 5.0.4 version support something like this? Regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2014

Support what? You've got an error, you need to read the logs to find out what the problem is.

Karl Collo December 19, 2014

I am having the same issue. I've read the logs and not seeing anything with this issue. Please help

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2014

There will be an error or warning in the logs telling you why "the profile cannot be updated". That "following error(s) occurred" is only thrown when it's written an error to the log

Suggest an answer