How can i define states in Jira other than default states and is there any effect if i create a new workflow

sandhya May 4, 2015

According to  user requirements we need to create a workflow(not using default W/F).We need to create states and Transitions according to user needs.Is there any option to create states without impacting default states and Transitions.

2 answers

2 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2015

Yes, you can do it. Define your own statuses and your own workflow using these new statuses. It is all documented here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

To add to @Udo Brand's answer, it is better to create new statuses than ever touching the default ones: I try to leave everything default and just build UP instead of modifying the normal JIRA stuff. I find it frustrating to go into a new installation and find resolved as a "To Do category"  IE: Resolvedblue

Transitions aren't really shared between workflows in a way that matters so no worries there.

Suggest an answer