How can i configure resolution default value based on Issue Type.

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

Hi all,

In On demand jira, i need to change resoltion default value based on Issue Type. For example

1. When i chooce "Bug" in issue type - Resolutin default to "Fixed"

2. When i chooce "New Feature" in issue type - Resolution default to "Implemented"

3. When i chooce "Configuration" in issue type - Resolustion default to "Configured"

How can i acheive my goal? please explain the steps.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

You can't set a default value for issuetypes. But you can set the resolution to those values in the workflow post function if that is the only one you want for those issuetypes. If you want the user to pick up the resolution, that is not an option.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2013

This may be a way to achieve this using workflow properties (have not tested, please try it out).

• You need to have different workflows for each of those issue types
  • Order the resolutions so that Fixed, Implemented and Configured on the top in Resolution administration
  • Set the default resolution in 'Resolution administration' as something which you never use (say 'Completed')
  • Use the workflow property jira.field.resolution.exclude and set the allowed remove those unwanted meant for Resolutions. For example remove 'Completed, 'Fixed' & 'Configured' for 'New Feature'
  • I am guessing JIRA picks up the first one as the default in the drop down (since 'Completed' is removed)

I hope this works ;)

Suggest an answer