How can i compare a cascading select field in a groovy script?

Volker Wend April 2, 2014

I have a cascading select field (Company / Location). Now I want to run a certain function based on a special Company but the condition does not evaulate to true.

cfValues['Firma / Ort'].contains(10617,10600)

Any Ideas?

Br.

Volker

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Volker Wend April 12, 2014

Finally, I found a solution. I had to access the first part and cast to a string.

Volker

field = (String)cfValues['Firma / Ort'].get(null)

return field=='company name as string'

2 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2014

Are those the option IDs or the values? If they are option IDs you want:

cfValues['Firma / Ort']*.optionId.containsAll([10617,10600])

Hi,

I get an exception, when I try to use the optionId. javax.script.ScriptException: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: optionId for class: java.util.HashMap$Entry

In JQL this works: "Firma / Ort" in cascadeOption(10617, 10636)

Thanks

Volker

JIRA Version 6.1.7. Sorry, it is a cascading select field. Was to late yesterday evening.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2014

What version of jira? Is it really a multiselect, or actually a cascading select?

Great, that works. Additionally Question: what about the JQL Term

"Firma / Ort" in cascadeOption(10617)

Same cascading select field but only the first part is important?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2014

cfValues['CFF Name'].values()*.optionId == [10617,10600]

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2014
def vals = cfValues['CascadingSelect'].values()
vals || vals.first().optionId == 10020

That expression is always true. If i change || to && I get an exception.

javax.script.ScriptException: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.util.HashMap$Values.first() is applicable for argument types: () values: []

Volker Wend April 8, 2014

Hi, any further comments to this Problem ? This does not work...

def vals = cfValues['CascadingSelect'].values()
vals || vals.first().optionId == 10020
Best regards
Volker
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2014

yeah should have been &&

what's the exception?

Volker Wend April 9, 2014

Hi, as stated above: the exception is

javax.script.ScriptException: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.util.HashMap$Values.first() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: print(java.io.PrintWriter), print(java.lang.Object), sort(), find(), find(), find(groovy.lang.Closure)

I looks like the ".first()" is not available.

Br
Volker

Suggest an answer