How can i clone issues and their Subtasks with Components ?

Claudius Teufel January 27, 2013

Is it possible to clone Issues with their Subtasks, so that the Subtasks have the same Components like the Clone Issue ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

If you are in OnDemand nothing appears to be possible as you cannot add any plugins. Else I would have thought about adding a new transition with a post function using Script Runner to create a cloned issue with components as well.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

Yes, you can: see here

simply check the clone sub task box

Claudius Teufel January 27, 2013

but if i change the Component of the Clone issue (with Clone+) the Subtasks are still attached to Component of the Original Issue.

Is there a special Plugin for this function, that the Subtasks attached to the Component of the Clone Issue ?

Something like:

(Copy subtask and attach their Components to the same Component like the Clone Issue)

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

For synchronization you could use EXOCET

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

But I'm not sure if in ondemand it is possible to install plugins

Suggest an answer