How can i change the colour of text in jira text field ?

sravan321990 September 13, 2016

Hi 

My requirement is to change the colour of text for a custom field which is a text box. This was pretty easy in the previous versions of jira using HTML or JavaScript but this no longer works from 7.x so how can we change the text colour in Jira 7.x.

Is there a plugin which can do this ? 

CUTE plugin is one option they say but really didn't get that to work.

Thanks in advance

--Sravan

2 answers

0 votes
sravan321990 September 15, 2016

Hi @Peter Geshev,

I am sorry but could you be more elaborate regarding this. How can I copy the css from the banner.
I have a custom field which accepts text (text box). I need the text input to be red in colour. Also we would like to display the field name in bold letters. Kindly refer to the image attached.

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 10.25.01 pm.png

I need the "Impact Description" like so and the text in red can this be done ?

Thanks

--Sravan

0 votes
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2016

Hi Sravan,

You can use the announcement banner(Administration->System->Announcement banner) to import custom css and style the customfield you like. 

Regards,

Peter

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2016

Hi Sravan, 

inspect the html of the page(e.g. for chrome you can use the developer tools) and see the id which is applied to the value of the customfield(usually customfield_XXXX-val, where XXXX is usually the id of the customfield). After that go to Administration->System->Announcement banner and enter the following style in the announcement field(assuming that the id of the customfield is 10100)

<style>#customfield_10100-val{color:red}</style>

Here is a sample screenshot

Example.png

Suggest an answer