How can i change my admin email adress?

mgoekten December 11, 2019

How can i change my admin email adress? 

Every time I want to change it, this notification comes: This field is set by your administrator.

I am logged in as Admin User. The admin user who created my account can't change it, he gets the same message.

1 answer

0 votes
Adria Alonso
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

It may be a bug, I've tried it in Jira Sv 8.5.0 ant it works.

Just make sure you have the "administrative mode" on

Adria Alonso
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

Well, it asks for it when you try to go to manage user so..

mgoekten December 12, 2019

Thanks for your help.

I have access to the account management and I can change all my data, but not the email address.

Adria Alonso
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2019

It its certainly strange, your user has been admin since the beginning?

Also consider this if you have access to the database:

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/database-user-and-group-tables/

No I wasn't Admin from the beginning, the admin who created my user changed my role to Admin later on.

Is That relevant?

Adria Alonso
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2019

I don't know if that is important but I would suggest a restart of the Jira Instance if has not been restarted since that user role change. That may help.

Hope its helps 

Okay, thank you very much. I'll try that.

Suggest an answer