How can i calculate the number of dates from a date picker custom field to resolution date using misc custom fields

t April 13, 2015

Trying to calculate number of dates from custom field 'date received' till the resolution date.

I tried to do it myself with this code below but it didnt work sad any help would be greatly appreciated.

<!-- @@Formula: (issue.resolutionDate != null) != null ? issue.resolutionDate.getDate() : null) - (issue.get("customfield_10002") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10002") : null) -->

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2015

The Resolution Date is retrieved using:

issue.get("resolutiondate")

See https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/x/BYAbAg

So your formula would look like (assuming you want a number of days):

&lt;!-- @@Formula: 
if (issue.get("resolutiondate") == null || issue.get("customfield_10002")==null)
  return null;
return (issue.get("resolutiondate").getTime() - issue.get("customfield_10002").getTime()) / (1000*60*60*24);
 --&gt;
0 votes
t April 14, 2015

excellent! i am still trying to learn this language, it is a lot different to BASIC which is what i've come from.

I do have one question, is there anyway to exclude weekends? if it is too complicated then do not worry as we can simply change the date received to manipulate the total days.

Thank you for your help greatly appreciated!!

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2015

This question was answered before here on Answers. You should search within this site.

Suggest an answer