How can i automate Jira Re-indexing ?

Deleted user April 27, 2015

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2015

Script or plugin - I've used both in the past to trigger it.

However, the desire to do regular re-indexing is usually driven by the index going wrong regularly, which it should not.  This is indicative of another problem, and you REALLY should fix that, not plaster over the cracks.  That leads me to ask "why do you want to automate it?"

Deleted user April 27, 2015

To give you some back ground and context, i have been developing a lot of projects and workflow changes in Jira.  This requires me to do re-indexing every time i make these changes.  I would like to where it just re-indexes once or twice month. I don't know as  best practice how often  you should re-index Jira.  What do you recommend ? Also because re-indexing is done late at night after hours, automating it would not require staying late watching it run.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2015

Best practice is: 1. When you are making changes to fields etc, that prompt the admins to get the "please reindex" box, you should re-index as soon as practically possible. So that your users can actually search for your newly changed stuff. I know there are issues with it - you don't want a full re-index during the working day, so maybe just re-index the affected project, or run a background one, or wait until time of low usage 2. You've done an upgrade or installed or removed a plugin that needs re-indexing - pretty much the same as above, but you should probably have booked downtime (especially for an upgrade) and included your indexing in that. 3. Any other reason you have for re-indexing - you have another issue that you need to fix

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events