How can i add the users in the watchers list - By default users should be associate in the tickets created under the project.

Saravanan Ravikumar June 30, 2015

2 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2015

I can suggest 2 things:

1) Create a "Watchers" role in your project, update your Notification Scheme to include this role in all the events then add people on this role

2) Create an account which can be called like "Support Queue" and update its email address to your team''s distribution list. Update your project to have this as the default assignee of issues and auto-watch all issues. Everytime the ticket get's updated, it will send an email to the distro list.

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2015

Hey Saravanan,

Not sure if understood your question, but you can add watchers to any issue by clicking on the "Watchers" number and searching for the user to be associated. Here you can see how to do this.

You can also create a Post Function to add users as watchers by following this KB if needed!

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Andre 

Saravanan Ravikumar June 30, 2015

Hello Andre, I want to add the certain users as default watchers in the ticket. eg: If user create the new ticket, certain users need to be watchers by default. Is that possible. Are you able to understand.

Like Test 123 likes this
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2015

What's the need for the default watchers?

Like kiranmai likes this
Saravanan Ravikumar July 1, 2015

Hi Gabrielle, For one project, we have team working on this. If one member working on that ticket updates need to be go for remaining team members also. It will be helpful if we set the default watchers instead of adding manually users to the watchers list. Regards

Suggest an answer