How can i add multiple project leads for one project

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2013

Hi,

I need two assign three project leads for on project. please give me the steps to achieve my goal in "On demand JIRA".

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2013

You can't do this. Project lead is a single user.

You should, as Christian says, nominate many people in a new ROLE, but the project lead is, by definition, one person.

2 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2013

Why would you want to do that? Use a project role. You're far more flexible :-)

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2013

Project lead can be only one JIRA-user. So use as Christian mentioned a project role e.g. Project lead deputy, add the additional persons to that role and give the role the neccessary permissions.

0 votes
Sanket Sheth July 24, 2014

The best way to achieve this is to create components. Then each component can have a lead. This is a good way to distribute the submitted items as they are then automatically assigned based on the component selected and the associated lead.

Suggest an answer