How can i add a watcher to an issue as a post function in defining workflows?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Layout and design

During a workflow in JIRA we'd like to add a watcher to an issue when the status has been changed. Among the possible post-functions there is not such an option (the most similar one is the change issue field, but watcher is not something we can change).

Could you please help out?

Thanks,

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Vasiliy Zverev Community Champion Dec 17, 2015

Try to add Script PostFunction via ScriptRunner like:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue

ComponentAccessor.getWatcherManager().startWatching(ComponentAccessor.jiraAuthenticationContext.getUser(), issue)
ComponentAccessor.jiraAuthenticationContext.getUser() - is to get current user. Change it to get the requred one.

ScriptRunner add-on is not available for Cloud Instance.

Vasiliy Zverev Community Champion Dec 17, 2015

I am not sure, but JIRA7 provides plugins for cloud versions. Scriptrunner is compatible with JIRA7.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Onur,

You can try the Script post function if you have Script Runner Installed on your instance. 

Regards

Chander Inguva

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

70 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you