How can i add a new field to incident issue?

Rahul Narsinghani December 18, 2018

I want to add a new field named " SLA RESULT" . Values of this field to be calculated automatically based on logic -
Values should be yes if effective resolution time meets SLA and Value to be No if Effective resoltuion time does not meet SLA

I was trying to use Misc custom fields add-on . but did not succeed. 

I am using Jira Service Desk - Incident Management 

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2018

Hello,

Are you on cloud or server? Where do you take SLA from? From Jira Service Desk?

I am on cloud - https://jira-gcci.xtremax.id/secure/Dashboard.jspa

above is my url. 

Thank you Alexey for responding

My goal is to add a new field on view/edit Screen - name of the field can be SLA Result . 

Value to be yes - If SLA is met as per this screen captured here 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2018

I see. You would need a plugin for like Power Custom Field or Scriptrunner.

You could create a custom field, which would query the status of the SLA for the current issue and returned the required value.

I created a custom field of type calculated text field. but I do not know the script to enter in its description, can you please help me with it. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2018

What App are you using to provide the "calculated text field"?

thanks 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2018

Ah, I see. I think you use Jira misc custom fields add-on. But you should make sure what add-on it is and add a label to your question, that you use this add-on.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2018

There's more than one app that can use that notation.  Could you tell us which one you are using?

Thank you Nic and Alexey, 

there is no app - i am just using Jira Settings :- Issues - Add Custom Field

when i update the status of incident as Resolved , the field is not appearing on screen. 

Because i do not know how to set a value of Custom Field ? 

I want to set the value of these field based on the logic i provided earlier comments. 

I did not use any add-on - I just went on to add Custom Field from Settings Page 

Can someone help me to write that script based on logic i defined? 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2018

This calculated field is from an add-on. Jira does not contain a calculated field out fo the box. You should find the add-on and tag your question with this add-on. Maybe somebody, who knows this add-on can write a script for you.

I just copied the description from some other field. Can you propose some add-on that you know, I will use that Add-on for the script. 

tagged it with Jira Misc Custom Fields Add-on 

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2018

Unfortunately, JMCF is not available for Jira Cloud, because unlike Jira Server, Jira Cloud doesn't support calculated fields.

@Alexey Matveev or @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- : - 

Can some one help me ? this is urgent need for me to develop this small logic.

I must be grateful. 

if needed - i am okay to get on a call and we can solve this.

@David Fischer : - My goal is not to use JMCF, I just want to add a custom field on the View/Edit Incident screen and the value of this field can be yes, if Incident is resolved within SLA and value is no, if incident is not resolved within SLA . Please see screenshots.

@David Fischer - will you be able to help me with this ? 

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2018

@Rahul Narsinghani as mentioned earlier, this is not possible with plain Jira Service Desk, and the JMCF app cannot help you here. Maybe some other app can, but I'm not sure.

ok. @David Fischer, do you know some one who can help me for creating a custom field on View /Edit Incident Screen. 

Value of this field can be yes - if Incident is resolved within SLA 

else Value of this field to be No - if Incident is not resolved within SLA

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2018

No, sorry. I'm not even sure it's possible on Jira Cloud.

No Problem , Thanks @David Fischer

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2018

I think the closest you can get is a field that is calculated by post-functions - you can do this with Scriptrunner, but it's not quite a calculated field, it's a standard one you put data into.  There's an example of setting custom fields about 2/3rds of the way down http://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/migrating.html

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2018

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

The problem is that the field needs to be updated before the transition is triggered, and since its value is time-dependent, I don't see during which prior transition it could be updated (otherwise I would have offered to use JMWE for Jira Cloud ;) ).

Rahul Narsinghani December 19, 2018

thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- :- can you please share your number, may be we can have a short call and I can share my problem with you and We can solve this. 

Thanks Man! 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2018

As @David Fischer points out, you're trying to update a field before a transition - that is not going to work, the scripting functions can only kick in during the transition.

Suggest an answer