How can i access JIRA on MAC PRO?

Aleem December 6, 2014

I recently got new MAC Pro for office, Before i was using JIRA on windows computer it was work all fine. but on the new MAC pro its not working at all. it is giving the below message:

Unknown Host

Description: Unable to locate the server named "mcarequestform" --- the server does not have a DNS entry. Perhaps there is a misspelling in the server name, or the server no longer exists. Double-check the name and try again. 

Can someone please help me out, how can i access JIRA on MAC?

Aleem.

1 answer

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2014

It sounds like the network setup on your mac isn't the same as it was on the windows machine. This is a network related problem, not a JIRA question.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2014

Yup, definitely networking - your network is not telling your computer where the server mcarequestform is.

Aleem January 14, 2015

Thanks guys, i will check with networking support.

Aleem January 14, 2015

btw i am using V4.0.1. may be this is the problem?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2015

Version of JIRA is not the problem here, it's your network setup or an incorrect url. Is mcarequestform REALLY the right url to be hitting? What's the full url for your jira and does that server respond if you go to other urls on it?

Suggest an answer