How can export comments and attachments for a jira cloud to an excel file ?

Aurélie Narozniak August 26, 2015

Hello,

I have a JIRA cloud.

When I click on export to excel and I select all fields. I have all fields excepted the comments, attachments and status

How can I export easily all informations including comments, attachments and status

I see this link :https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/how-to-add-comments-to-excel-export-316113321.html

But i don't know how to install and i don't know where I can install that.

Thanks for your response.

3 answers

0 votes

To be sure, I can use the Command Line Interface (CLI) for the JIRA ondemand (Cloud) ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2015

Yes, you'll be able to pull and push that way too.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2015

Just remember you need the 4.5 release pointed to above.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2015

JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) has various list actions (like getAttachmentList and getCommentList) that produce a CSV file. You will need release 4.5 or higher now that Cloud has been upgraded to JIRA 7.0.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2015

You can't install the required addons in Cloud.  I'm not aware of any way of getting the comments and attachment out, other than taking a full backup to xml and digging through the data in there.

And if i want to migrate issues from a JIRA cloud to another cloud with all informations, haw can i make that ?

because I have 58 issues. For them, i have several comments and attachments.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2015

Export in full, and use "project import" in the target system to pull in the data you want.

Suggest an answer