How can create Jira users server in confluence using F5 load balancer.

Sergio Palacio June 5, 2017

I want to create a Jira users server in confluence Through F5 load balancer.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2017

Creating a JIRA server is nothing to do with load balancing directly, so it sounds like we are missing some information on what you are really trying to do here.

On the surface, it sounds like you simply want to create a JIRA server and use it to handle users.  The steps there are simple - install JIRA, put the users into it, and then tell Confluence to use it as a user server.

Any load balancing you might want to try here has nothing to do with the setting up of the two services.Load balancing is irrelevant to JIRA server and Confluence server.  You can't create multiple nodes, so you don't need a load balancer.  You could put one in front of them, but it's pointless (for load balancing) because you only have one node.  Even if you still do it, it shouldn't matter, because a load balancer is transparent to the servers anyway.

Sergio Palacio June 5, 2017

thanks for the quick reply. 

I have this error "com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403)" when I try to create  the Jira users server in confluence.  All is ok in the configuration then I thought the f5 is refused the connection between the apps.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2017

Ok, that could well be the problem.  I would expect a 403 if a network setting is preventing access (including a misconfigured load balancer).

That explains the original question too.  I'm afraid the best we can do for an answer is tell you that it probably is the load balancer that is misconfigured, but not a lot more.  A 403 really does mean "I can't get to what you've told me to go to".  You'll need to look at the logs for the F5 to see why it's blocking it.

Suggest an answer