How can add myself to System Administrator group?

Musa Peker September 13, 2012

Hi,

I'm testing Jira for my company and if we'll satisfy from jira, we will use it in our company. But I have 2 question,

1- I can not add myself to System Administrator group which admin user belongs to me.

2- I can not set email notification to test users.

Best regards.

Musa

5 answers

0 votes
MIZU CCKSPT September 17, 2012

Hi,

1- No Outgoing mail page on jira on demand

2- I did via support page but still doesn't work

regards

0 votes
Higashi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

Check that you have configured jira correctly:

1) Configure mail server. Go to Administration->Mail->Outgoing Mail.

2) Configure Notification schema: Go to Project->Administer Project->Notification schemas

0 votes
MIZU CCKSPT September 17, 2012

Thanks for the info.

For the second one,

I can not send invitation mail to users and jira doesn't send any notification mail to other users.

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2012

If you are running JIRA OnDemand (as tagged in this question), it's not possible to have users inside the system-administrators group, as per the restricted functions in Atlassian OnDemand https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

The only user who has system-administrator permission, is the user that the support use to manage the environment.

• 2 - I can not set email notification to test users

For the second question, I don't think I understood what you trying to achieve. Perhaps, if you could clarify it, I could try to help you.

Cheers

0 votes
Higashi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2012

Did I understand You correctly: You have localy installed jira, and having problem with adding yourself as an global administrator?

there's a help regarding retriving admin password, that can help you reset/set password and add yourself to admin group: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator

Suggest an answer