How can a new user set a password in JIRA On-Demand?

Reto Zumstein October 16, 2012

I have setup JIRA On-Demand and created new users leaving the password option blank. The user is receiving a confirmation mail "Account created" with a link "Set my password". The link leads to the regular login page with no option to set a password.

What is the procedure to set a password for a new user?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2012

This is a known issue in OnDemand (it was tracked internally) that has been fixed, but the fix will probably not be deployed for another week or two.

Aparna Vemuri June 18, 2014

We are continuing to see this problem with our On-Demand instance running 6.3.

Is there a setting I need to enable to see the fix? As a workaround, we have been setting passwords for new users but is not a preferred user experience.

1 vote
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2012

Does the login page where you get directed to have the "Unable to access your account" link?

If so, can the new user use it to get a "new" password and progress from there on?

If not, can the new user go to the default login page, and use the "Unable to access your account" from there?

Reto Zumstein October 17, 2012

For the new users, I have not set a password and have expected, that the system sets a password automatically, that the user can change with a link received via e-mail. Obviously the system behaves differently.

The e-mail contains a link "Set my password" that leads to the URL https://<subdomain>.atlassian.net/secure/viewprofile.jspa. The regular login page is displayed with no option to set a password. The page has a "Unable to access your account" link.

Suggest an answer