How can Jira Software (Cloud version) potentially be applied in the Legal space to manage work?

Arron Tran September 21, 2018

Currently, our fin. services enterprise (5000 employees) utilizes JIRA Software in the technology project management space to track progress, measure KPI's, etc. 

I was recently onboarded as Legal Operations & Technology half a year ago, and one of our challenges right now is that our team of 6 in-house lawyers is a bit decentralized where each lawyer supports initiatives that pertain to a specific business area. As a result, I have minimal insights into how work is being managed, and more importantly what kind of work they are doing. We currently are shifting our focus away from low value transactional work to better allocate our small legal team to the highest value initiatives. Of course, without insight this proves to be difficult.

Here comes JIRA, a work management tool that is already being leveraged in our technology/transformation space. Is this a tool our team can apply to the Legal Services space to better track work activities (some which don't have specified end dates), and what would this look like? 

Let me know if you need anymore clarification on some of our business processes and I can help provide more information if needed. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mohamed Riza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2018

Hi @Arron Tran

The following page gives you an high level overview and what you may implement for Legal: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/core/legal. 

You may also refer to the following doc on using Jira Cloud for Legal: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/using-jira-core-for-legal-projects-779656610.html. 

Note that the board feature shown in the above two docs are only found currently in Jira Cloud for Core projects. 

Arron Tran September 24, 2018

Hi @Mohamed Riza

The second link seems to redirect to a 404-NOT FOUND page. 

Jimmy Van (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2018

Suggest an answer