How can Jira Service Desk directly reopen a ticket

Bernard Gorman January 14, 2016

Hi,

In our Jira Service Desk workflow, when a ticket enters the resolved state an email is sent to the customer associated with the ticket, which encloses the resolution comment.

At this stage, there are 2 courses of action which can take place:
1. Customer happy with resolution
2. Customer unhappy with resolution

In the case of #1, if they do not reply, our Jira automation auto-close rule will close the ticket after 7 days. If they do reply (to say they are happy), the ticket will be updated with this comment, and again the Jira automation auto-close rule will close the ticket 7 days from the comment timestamp.

In the case of #2, we would like to provide the customer with the ability to directly reopen a ticket. This feature does not currently exist. Are there plans to make this available? I am aware of JSD-40.

I am also aware of this Jira feature https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JTOOL/Auto+Transition+Listener which would automatically reopen a ticket when a customer makes a comment (regardless of whether they are happy or unhappy).

Please advise.

Thanks,

bernard gorman

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2016

Hi Bernard,

have you tried to use Actions for JIRA Service Desk? There is option to add selected transitions to service desk and customers can execute it. You can even add screen to transition.

Here you can find documatation: https://intenso.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SPFJSD/Workflow%20Actions

I hope I've helped you.

Best Regards

0 votes
Bernard Gorman January 15, 2016

Hi Daniel,

Thanks very much for this reply which was really helpful.

I installed a trial version of the plugin onto our training server, configured a customer portal reopen action and tested it.

It works a treat.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

bernard

Suggest an answer