How can I write a filter that finds stories with a newly added label

Jim Constant March 5, 2015

I wrote a filter that finds stories that have been created in the past day if they have a particular label:

project = "My Project" AND labels in ('my_label') AND created > -1d

This works if the story is created with the label, but I need a filter that finds existing stories that this label was added to in the past day.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Jim

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2015

Hi Jim!

Looking for an updated date/time of the labels field specifically is currently not possible with JQL. However, you could search for issues that were updated in the last day and have this label by using the query below:

project = "My Project" AND labels in ('my_label') AND updated > -1d

By the way, you could use the following query to search for changes on numerous fields:

project = "My Project" AND assignee CHANGED AFTER startOfDay(-1d)

Cheers!

Joao

1 vote
Jim Constant March 10, 2015

Hi Joao,

That's disappointing but I really appreciate your answer!

Thanks,

Jim

João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2015

Hi Jim! I did some research over here and found the suggestion below raised to our development team. You can watch it for updates: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-36694 -- Joao

Tino2014 December 15, 2016

Hi Joao, this ticket doesn't appear to be valid anymore?

João Palharini
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2016

Hi! For some reason, the bug had a security level set to only allow viewing by the Reporter and Atlassian Staff.

There should be no reason for that, so I removed it and you shall be able to see it now.

Suggest an answer