How can I write a JQL query to show movement of epic due date

Katherine Gallagher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2024

Is there a way to write a query to show all epics which previously had a due date of the current quarter and have been moved to a future quarter?

3 answers

2 votes
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

Hi @Katherine Gallagher 

Natively, history searches (which look for previous field values) are only available for a small number of fields - Assignee, Reporter, Fix Version, Priority, Resolution, and Status.

For Due Dates, your options are...

• Populate additional custom date field(s) using Automation as the due date changes - so you can refer back to them later
  • Consider using an App to view this information, such as Issue History for Jira, or another App from the Marketplace

Ste

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

Hi Katherine - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You would need to create a custom Date field to capture the original Epic due date and populate it when you create the issue to be able to compare to the current Due date. 

0 votes
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2024

Hi @Katherine Gallagher 

Welcome to the community !!

As an alternative , you can try out our add-on for better reporting capabilities and viewing multiple issues history at once, 

Issue History Reports

You can view the complete change log for your filtered issues, including changes to dates. Also this report can be exported to a csv file.

Disclaimer : I am part of the team which developed this app

Issue History - Due Date.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events