How can I view test comments etc. for Zephyr test cycles?

Lone Laursen April 16, 2013

I have recently aquired Zephyr. Some tests have been executed in a test cycle. Now I want to act on the result of the test. I would like to view the tests results, not as a metric, but with the comments left by the tester and with the new issues (as links) created during the test. Can I do that?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2013

Hi Lone,

We were already in contact via email and I hope your question was answered then. I will however post some information again here for others who may have the same question. Currently there is not a way to view the results of the test steps the same way that you do inside of JIRA. However we did go ahead and add this to our feature request list.

Our feature request list is important because our product team reviews it when creating a new release. I do want to note that we did recently release Zephyr for JIRA 1.7 very recently. We did add many of our customers feature requests this release. Note: you must be running JIRA version 5.1.x or higher to run Zephyr for JIRA 1.7.

Amanda,

Please change your information reguarding us. Update this post to say 'support (at) getzephyr.com' or something along those lines. We risk spam and many other things when our email is in this format.

Kind Regards,

Emily

AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2013

Hi Emily,

Apoligies for the support inforamtion provide risky. I have eidt it now.

Thanks,

Amanda

Bill Goodall May 26, 2020

Hi what is the feature number? its 7 years later and I am not seeing an obvious way to get this critical information out of test executions.

1 vote
AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2013

Hi Lone,

As this is a Zephyr plugin related issue, while wating for the answer here I will recommand you to contact the vendor/support for a better handling. Here is the details for the support:

• Zephyr
  • Phone: +1-510-400-8656
  • send emails to support(at)getzephyr.com

Regards

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2013

Hi Lone,

I added your request. I also want to mention that your request on viewing more than 10 tests in a cycle will be added in a future relase, so stay tuned! Lastly I want to point out our blog. Any changes or features that will be added in releases will always be announced on here. It is a great way to stay current with our products!

blogs (dot) yourzephyr (dot) com

Kind Regards,

Emily

Ivan Peevski April 11, 2016

Is there any progress on this? It is really time consuming to see the comments in each test (one by one). There should be a way to list all the comments in one place.

0 votes
Lone Laursen May 1, 2013

Thanks for your answers. So just to get it right for the feature request list, I would like to view the results of an entire testcycle inside Jira with links to the issues created and with display of comments.

Also, it could be nice to view the overview of the test cycle for one cycle only with all the tests in it (currently I can onlt see the cycles in the test cycle view and there thety are paged with 10 tests at a time).

Suggest an answer