How can I view all currently active sprints

Pieter Stoaling February 14, 2017

The JIRA instance has multiple sprints which were started but never closed. Is there a way to view them all with a single filter? Rather than going to every board to find out if it has a running sprint, and closing them from there?

Ideally I can view them all as a list, which a way to easily close them all.

Thanks in advance for any help

2 answers

14 votes
Geoff February 17, 2017
  1. Create a filter using the following JQL and save it.  The query will get all issues that are in an open Sprint:
    sprint in openSprints() ORDER BY Rank
  2. Create a new board that uses the filter created in step 1.
  3. Open the board and go to the Backlog view to see a list of all the open Sprints and the issues in the Sprints.  You need to use the Backlog view since the Active Sprints view appears to merge all the issues into one Sprint.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

chris.reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2020

Thanks.  That completely helped!

Like Hasitha Udayanga likes this
Joel Lehnert March 10, 2022

Thank you, helped me too, perfectly.

For me it was mostly open sprints on old projects. So I excluded running projects:

sprint in openSprints() AND project not in (project1, project2) ORDER BY Rank

Like # people like this
0 votes
Matt Wynne September 28, 2023

Additionally, a (revised?) feature of JIRA cloud I just found; a newly created Sprint is only visible to the creator in the Backlog as long as it's empty / with no items in it. As soon as someone adds an item to the Sprint, then it becomes visible in the Backlog and usable by the project users with permissions.

Suggest an answer