How can I validate the input format of a customfield?

Hi,

I need to control that when users edit or create an issue 2 specific customfields meet the right format:

Firts customfield: This customfield must contain an email and it is a Text field. I need to control that at least the format was correct. For example: "myemail@@mmm...es" must be discarded.

Second customfield: This customfield is a code that must meet the format expressed by the regular expression [0-9]{5}-[0-9]{5} 

Thanks in advance!

Begoña

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Begona,

I believe Kepler Custom Field plugin may help you have what you want:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.keplercf

One of the options they support is regex custom field.

Thanks! I've tested "regex customfields" and it works for the second field (Internal code) because this is a new customfield. I can create it usign this type of customfield. Then problem is the first one (e-mail). This is an existing customfield. This is a text field customfield and it's not possible to change its type to convert it in a "regex customfield". Isn't it?

No I don't think it's possible to convert existing custom field to a different type (there are few exceptions but in general it is not supported).

Yes. I can create a new regex customfield and after that migrate from the current customfield to the new one.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

115 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you