How can I validate the input format of a customfield?

Begoña Bonet February 13, 2015

Hi,

I need to control that when users edit or create an issue 2 specific customfields meet the right format:

Firts customfield: This customfield must contain an email and it is a Text field. I need to control that at least the format was correct. For example: "myemail@@mmm...es" must be discarded.

Second customfield: This customfield is a code that must meet the format expressed by the regular expression [0-9]{5}-[0-9]{5} 

Thanks in advance!

Begoña

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2015

Hi Begona,

I believe Kepler Custom Field plugin may help you have what you want:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.keplercf

One of the options they support is regex custom field.

Begoña Bonet February 16, 2015

Thanks! I've tested "regex customfields" and it works for the second field (Internal code) because this is a new customfield. I can create it usign this type of customfield. Then problem is the first one (e-mail). This is an existing customfield. This is a text field customfield and it's not possible to change its type to convert it in a "regex customfield". Isn't it?

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2015

No I don't think it's possible to convert existing custom field to a different type (there are few exceptions but in general it is not supported).

Begoña Bonet February 19, 2015

Yes. I can create a new regex customfield and after that migrate from the current customfield to the new one.

Suggest an answer