Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I used the Parentsof JQL function to find sub-tasks with a custom issue type?

Hi, I am currently trying to find jira with open unassigned compliance sub-tasks.  "Compliance Task" appears to be a custom issue type.  The following JQL doesn't work.

issueFunction in parentsOf("issuetype = "Compliance Task" and assignee is empty AND statuscategory != Done and status != withdrawn")

Here is my error message:

<Error in the JQL Query: Expecting ')' or ',' but got 'Compliance'. (line 1, character 42)>

Any ideas on how I can search for jira with unassigned compliance sub-tasks?  I would like to exclude Dev Tasks, and Technical Tasks, and QA Tasks, etc.

Note: I have tried to search for sub-tasks with the summary ~ Compliance.  That works, but if the Dev Task, or QA Task (etc.) contains the work Compliance, then they get pulled into my result and that isn't helpful. 

Thanks in Advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

@Nicolas Grossi  thank you.  That isn’t exactly what I was looking for but it was helpful!  

Suggest an answer